Bang & Olufsen Legal Section
As a global luxury audio brand, Bang & Olufsen is increasingly a target for counterfeiters around the world.
How to avoid counterfeiters
Version 1.6 Published: December 2020
As a global luxury audio brand, Bang & OIufsen is increasingly a target for counterfeiters around the world. Copying a Bang & Olufsen product is stealing the craftmanship of the company and infringing the work of our designers.
In Bang & Olufsen we have spent nearly a century on refining our capabilities within sound, design and craftmanship. You will never experience the same quality in a counterfeit product. Furthermore, fake products rarely comply with health and safety requirements, which especially relates to security of batteries, chargers or other electronics inside of the counterfeits.
How to avoid buying counterfeit B&O products
Bang & Olufsen distributes its products via Authorised Resellers only. By purchasing from Authorised Resellers or from the Bang & Olufsen website you can avoid the disappointments of buying a counterfeit product.
How to detect a counterfeit B&O product
Counterfeiters are often very good at imitating the immediate looks of a product. It may therefore be difficult to detect a counterfeit product from a genuine Bang & Olufsen product. Counterfeit issues are mainly centered to our headphone, earphones and portable speakers. The following would be very strong indications that a product is counterfeit:
· No connectivity to the Bang & Olufsen App
· Low price
o Typically, counterfeit products are available at lower prices than genuine products, but the prices are not always at a level which would cause buyers to suspect that the products are counterfeit).
· Labels often misplaced in frame and might be with folds
· Poor quality packaging
· Protection foil irregular shrink foil joints or with hologram effect
· Poor sound quality
· Mediocre craftmanship
· Chemical smell
If you want to report any suspicion of counterfeit Bang & Olufsen products, do not hesitate to contact our anti-counterfeit unit by writing an email to email@example.com
Why you shouldn´t buy a counterfeit product
· When you buy counterfeit merchandise, you are giving your money to a dishonest person. The seller is committing a crime by selling you the merchandise.
· Fighting counterfeit products is a costly affair, but we do it to ensure our customers get the product and quality experience they expect both in terms of rich, powerful sound and the attention to detail and use of genuine materials Bang & Olufsen is known for.
· You’re probably buying cheap merchandise. Counterfeiters are generally out there to make a quick buck. They probably don’t care about repeat business, meaning they have little incentive to put quality into what they sell. Therefore, what you buy may fall apart or stop working soon after you buy it – or, in worst case – contain hazardous materials that can cause real harm (e.g. unstable and flammable batteries), including potentially damaging your hearing.
· Counterfeiters are often difficult to locate and you may have nowhere to go with a possible warranty issue or a product liability claim.